Christmas Newsletter 2015
Happy Christmas from all at Bridge Lane Nursery!
We will be using the theme of Christmas to introduce your child to different areas of learning. If you would like to follow this up at home with some fun activities here are a few ideas to try!
- Talk about your own childhood memories of Christmas. Were there any special Christmases? Did your family have any special traditions?
- Involve your child in the Christmas plans. Talk about the events leading up to Christmas - what needs to be prepared?
In the kitchen
- Make mince pies and give your child some of the pastry trimmings to play with! Talk about the feel of the raw pastry and the delicious smells as the pies are baking.
- Make some popcorn in a pan or microwave oven.
Show your child how to use a safe, blunt embroidery needle to thread the corn to make Christmas tree garlands.
Out and about
When shopping, draw attention to Christmas decorations and shop displays. Which displays does your child like best? Why? Deliver Christmas cards together, talking about street names and house numbers. Go to the Post Office together to buy Christmas stamps for the cards. Talk about friends and family who live further away.
Stories and songs
- Visit your local library to look for books of Christmas stories and poems.
- Sing some favourite Christmas songs and carols together.
- Use bells or shakers to add extra musical delights.
The Jolly Christmas Postman by Janet and Allan Ahlberg (Heinemann) .
Jesus' Christmas Party by Nicholas Allan (Hutchinson). The First Christmas retold by Lynne Bradbury (Ladybird) .
The Snowman by Raymond Briggs (Ladybird). Paddington Bear and the Christmas Surprise by Michael Bond (Collins).
The Nativity Play by Nick Butterworth and Mick Inkpen (Picture Knight).
Lucy and Tom's Christmas by Shirley Hughes (Puffin Books).
On the 12th January 2016 at 17.00 we are organising an evening with a very prominent behaviour management specialist.
Dates for your diary
Father Christmas will be visiting
Thursday 3th December, 4pm-5.30pm Babies and Mobiles
Friday 4th December, 4pm-5.30pm Toddlers and pre-school
End of Term Arrangements
The Nursery will close on the 23rd December and will re-open Monday 4th January
Have a Very Happy and Healthy Christmas.
Thank you all for your support during 2015.